Academic Works,Positions held and Publications
Former Professor & Head
Department of History
Uttar Pradesh - 273001
Talk to Professor @ (0551)-2333992
I. ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
II. CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
III. MEMBERSHIP OF ACADEMIC BODIES
IV. VISITS ABROAD
V. CANDIDATES AWARDED Ph.D DEGREE
OF GORAKHPUR UNIVERSITY UNDER
Professor Srivastava's SUPEVISION
VIII. BOOK REVIEWS
IX. WORK AS EDITOR
X. SHORT STORIES AND POEM IN HINDI
XII. ORGANIZATION OF SEMINARS
XIII. RADIO TALKS
XV. Biography Image Gallery Son 's Homepage
I. Academic Qualifications
(1.) M.A ( History ), M .A ( Pol . Sc.) ,Ph.D., F.R.A.S ( London ).Educated at Ewing Christian college , Allahabad (1937-39) and Allahabad University (1939-43).
Teachers: Dr. Amar Nath Jha , Sir Shafat Ahmad khan , Dr. Ram Prasad Tripathi , Dr. Behi Prasad , Dr. Tarachand , Dr. Ishwari Prasad , Dr. B.P. Saxsena , Dr. Bisheshwar Prasad.
(2.) Forty Year's experience of teaching Degree and Post Graduate Classes (1944-1984).Lecturer and then Head of Postgraduate Departments of History and Political science,St. Andrew's Postgraduate college Gorakhpur (July 1944-June 1958) Gorakhpur university , gorakhpur (July 1958-1984)
(3.) First Head of Political Science Department , Gorakhpur University. Gorakhpur (1958-62)
(4.) Head of History Department , Gorakhpur University (1963-1984)
(5.) Twenty one Research student have been awarded Ph.D degree under his supervision.Eight of these have been published.
(6.) Examined more than one hundred and fifty Ph.D and D.Ltt. theses in History of different Universities of India.
RIGHT: Prof. Hari Shanker Srivastava inaugrating Seminar at Lucknow University in 2006
II. Co-Curricular Activities
(1.) Vice-President , National Service association , E.C. College , Allahabad (1938-39). Worked for village uplift,removal of illiteracy and untouchability in village, near Allahabad.
(2.) PREFECT , Turner Hostel , E.C College , Allahabad .(1938-39)
(3.) Members, U.T.C. (Now called N.C.C) at the Allahabad university (1939-41).
(4.) Closely connected with the Scout movement ; worked as Rover Leader of the Mahatma Gandhi Rover Scout Crew , St. Andrew's Post graduate college . Gorakhpur : Asstt. scout Commissioner for Rovering Gorakhpur Distt. (1956-64).
(5.) Representative of the Principal and Treasurer of the Student's Union, St. Andrew's Post graduate College , Gorakhpur for about six years.
(6.) Warden, New Hostel , St.Andrew's Post Graduate College , Gorakhpur for about six years.
(7.) President , East Zone Delegacy , Gorakhpur University for three years (1959-62).
(8.) Asst. Hon-Librarian , Gorakhpur University , 1961.
(9.) President , Athletic Association , Gorakhpur University for five years (1965-70).
(10.) Dean , Students - welfare , Gorakhpur University , (1976-79).
(11.) Warden , Gautam Buddha Hostel , Gorakhpur University (1979-81).
(12.) Treasurer , Students union , Gorakhpur university , (1981-84)
(13.) Closely connected with the Theosophical Movement since June 1959. Secretary , Sarvahitkari Theosophical Lodge , Gorakhpur (1959-86)
III. Membership of Academic Bodies
(1.) Fellow of the Royal Asiatic Society , London.
(2.) Fellow of the Institute of Historical Studies , Calcutta.
(3.) Sectional President , Indian History Congress , 24th Session , 1973 , Chandigarh.
(4.) Sectional President , Punjab History Conference , Patiala , 1979.
(5.) President , Uttar Pradesh Itihas Congress ( U.P History Congress ), Third Session , Allahabad , 1987.
(6.) Member, Indian History Congress, since 1957.
(7.) Member , Indian Historical Records Commission , Government Of India , 1965-83.
(8.) Member , U.P Government Museum Advisory Committee , Government of Uttar Pradesh ,1972-75.
(9.) Member , U.P Freedom Movement History writing Advisory Committee , Govt. of U.P , since 1975
(10.) Member , U.P Hindi Sansthan for three years, when ( Late ) Dr. Hazari Prasad Dwivedi was the President.
(11.) Member , English-Hindi Terminology Committee , Government of India. Attended five weeks workshop held at Mussorrie in 1965, to finalize the terminology of History Archaeology and Political Science.Later published by the Government Of India , Publication Division, as Humanities Glossary I (History, Archaelogy and Political science) , New delhi , 1966.
(12.) Member , Visiting Teams and other panels & bodies of U.G.C.
(13.) Member , Selection Committee for the appointment of Lecturers , Readers , Professors and Member of Academic bodies of Muslim University , Aligarh , Jamia Millia Islamia , Delhi ; Utkal University , Bhuvaneshwar ; Nagpur university , Nagpur ; Punjab university , Chandigarh ; Patna University , Patna ; Allahabad University ; Lucknow University ; Ranchi University ; Jammu University , Jammu ; Madurai University,Madurai etc.
(14.) Member , Indian Council of Historical Research , Govt. Of India , New Delhi , 1991-94.
(15.) Member , Executive Council Of Agra University , as Chancellor's ( governor of U.P State universities ) nominee,1985
(16.) Member , Court of Jawaharlal Nehru University,New Delhi 1991-94,nominated by the president of India. (17.) Senior Research fellow,Indian Council of Historical Research , New Delhi , March 1992-June 1995.
(18.) Member , Executive council , Gorakhpur University , nominated by Chancellor ( Governor,U.P . Universities ),1992-94.
(19.) Member , SWARBICA (South and West Asian Regional Branch of the International branch of Archives) 1976-78.
(20.) Participated in the seminar on " Relative position of the Legislature and Judiciary " convened by the Governor of Uttar pradesh at Nainital in June 1976.There was a serious constitutional crisis with regard to powers and relations between Judiciary and legislature in U.P at the time.
IV. Visits Abroad
(1.)Visited France in 1975-76 in the cultural Exchange Programme of the Government of India as Guest of the French government for three months.delievered lectures in the Paris University , France ; Visited London , Oxford , Cambridge and Rome.
V. Candidates awarded Ph.D degree of Gorakhpur University under Professor Srivastava's supervision:
1. Dr. S.D Dwivedi , Reader in History , Gorakhpur University.
Title of Thesis: Relations of Rajputs with Delhi Sultans 1206 - 1526 . (1967) English (Published by Sri Ram Mehra , Agra 1978)
2. Dr. Lal Bahadur Verma ,Professor of History , Allahabad University , Allahabad .
Title Of Thesis : Anglo-Indian Community in the Nineteenth century ( Published by Bhasha Prakashan , Delhi , 1980) (English) 1967
3. Dr. Vishnu Saran Srivastava , Head of History Department , B.R.D Postgraduate College , Deoria
Title of Thesis : Some aspects of Social and Economic Administration of Lord Curzon, 1899-1905. (English) 1968
4. Dr. A.K. Srivastava , Principal , C.M.P. Degree College , Allahabad
Title Of Thesis : Hindu Society of Northern India in the 16th Century. 1976 ( Published by Milind Publications Private Ltd., New delhi 1981.) (English)
5. Dr. Shanti Swaroop , Head of Postgraduate , Department of History (Retd) , D.A.V. College, Azamgarh .
Title of Thesis: Flora and Fauna in Mughal Art , ( Published by Taraporewala, Bombay 1983).(English)
6. Dr. Ram Murat Upadhyaya
Title Of Thesis: Freedom Struggle in Gorakhpur District (1858-1947) , 1978
7. Dr. Ramgaya Tewari
Title Of Thesis: Development of Nirgun Bhakti in the 17th and 18th Centuries in Uttar Pradesh.
8. Dr. Brahmanand , Government Degree and Postgraduate College Service . U.P.
Title Of Thesis: Contribution of Hindi News Papers and Journals published from Uttar Pradesh to Freedom Struggle (1858-1947). 1980 Published as Bhartya Swatantrata Andolan Mein uttar Preadesh Ki Hindi Patrakarita by Vani Prakashan , Daryaganj , New Delhi. 1986
9. Dr. Parmanand Lal Srivastava , Head of Postgraduate , Department of History , Lal Bahadur Shastri Degree College , Gonda . (U.P)
Title Of Thesis: North - West Frontier Policy of Delhi Sultans (1206-1525) , 1981. Published by Vohra Publication , Allahabad , as Delhi Sultanon Ki Uttar Paschim niti , (Hindi) , 1990.
10. Dr. (Mrs.) Savitri Srivastava
Title Of Thesis: Freedom Movement in Ballia District (1958-1947) , 1984
11. Dr. Shashi Prakash Sinha
Title Of Thesis: Role of Hindustan Socialist Republican Army in Indian Freedom Struggle (1928-1947). 1987 (English)
12. Dr. (Mrs.) Rajni Gandha Verma
Title Of Thesis: A historical study of the image of British rule as reflected in Hindi Novels (1920-47). 1985
13. Dr. Shashi Kala srivastava
Title of Thesis: Social Life of Northern india during the reign of Shahjahan based on Non-persian Sources (1625-58). 1985
14. Dr. Mohd. Akram Lari , Head of Postgraduate , Department of History , N.R.E.C College , Khurja (U.P)
Title Of Thesis: Influence of Religion on politics in India in 17th century. 1985 ( Published as Religion and Politics in India in the 17th century , Published by Criterion Publications , 136 Raja garden New Delhi - 15 , 1990 (English)
15. Manoj Kumar Srivastava , Head of History Department , U . N. Postgraduate College , Padrauna (U.P)
Title Of Thesis: Problem of succession during the Delhi Sultanate.1985 ( Published by Vaishali Prakashan , Gorakhpur , as Succession to Rule under Delhi Sultanate) (English). 1990
16. Dr. Satyendra Narain Singh
Title of Thesis: Life and Times of Sri Prakash (1890-1971),1988 (English)
17. Dr. (Mrs.) Meenu Srivastava
Title of Thesis: Military History of the Mughals in the 16th century . 1989 (English)
18. Dr. (Mrs.) Archana Swati NJOKO
Title of Thesis: History of the development of Educational System in Nigeria (1965-85) , 1991 (English)
19. Dr. (Mrs.) Sheela Srivastava
Title of Thesis: Social condition of Uttar Pradesh in the 16th century , 1992.
20. Dr. Sheo Shankar Prasad Srivastava
Title of Thesis: Influence of Religion on Politics and culture of India in the 16th century , 1990 . (Hindi)
21. (Smt) Neelam Mata
Title of Thesis : Civil opposition to British Supremacy in Uttar Pradesh during 1957-59 (1994) (English)
B. Published Books
1. The History of Indian Famines and Development of Famine Policy of the Government of India 1858-1918 , 417 pages + 6 Maps , Agra , 1968. Based on the Study of Unpublished Records preserved in the National Archives of India , New Delhi , Parliamentary Blue Books , Contemporary pamphlets and news papers etc.Foreward by Dr. Bisheshwar Prasad . The book has been very favourably reviewed in the Hindu (Madras) , The Statesman (Delhi) , Hindustan Times ( Delhi) , bengal Past and Present (Calcutta) , Deccan Herald (Bangalore) , Journal Of Indian History (Trivandrum) , Mainstream (Delhi) , Seminar (Delhi) , The Quarterly Review of Historical Studies (Calcutta) etc.
2. Mughal Samrat Humayun (Hindi) , 496 pages+maps and battle plans , Agra , 1965 . A critical study of the life of the second Mughal Emperor based on original sources. Foreward by Dr. Tara Chand . The book has been recommended for Post - Graduate sylabii in the Universities of Rajasthan , Jodhpur , Gorakhpur , Agra , Awadh , Meerut , Kanpur , Jamia Millia Islamia , New Delhi etc. Second edition published by National Book Trust Of India ,through- Sterling Publishers , New delhi , 1985.
3. Mughal Shashan Pranali (Hindi) :Study of Mughal Administration , Based on contemporary sources and modern works , Pages 295 , 1978 , published by Macmillan Company , Delhi. Hindi Sansthan , Uttar Pradesh Government , awarded prize of Rs. Two Thousand five hundred in 1981 , being the best book published on the subject in Hindi during 1978-80. Second Edition published by Vohra , Allahabad . Third revised edition Vani Prakashan , Daryaganj , Delhi , 1998.
4. Prachin Bharat (Hindi) (History of Ancient India), pages 266 , published by Kitab Mahal , Allahabad , 1949.
5. Madhya Kalin Bharat (Hindi) , History of Medieval India ), pages 178 , published by Kitab Mahal , Allahabad , 1951.
6. Japan Ka Samvidhan (Hindi) , Constitution of Japan , 140 pages , Published by Pustakasthan , Gorakhpur , 1960.
7. Snehdan (A collection of Hindi short stories of the author, with a foreward by Dr. Brindavan Lal Verma ), pages 153 , Published by Kitab Mahal , Allahabad.
8. Madhyakalin Bharat Mein Itihas Lekhan (1200 AD - 1445 AD) Hindi ( Historiography in Medieval india, 1200-1445 AD ) , Vishwavidyalaya Prakashan , Varanasi , 1997.
9. Cultural Synthesis in Medieval India ( Being K.P Jayaswal Memorial Lectures , delievered at patna in November , 1995), K.P Jayaswal Research Institute , Patna.
B. Research Articles Published in Books
1. Historians and Historiography in Modern India , pages 464 , Article on Dr. Radha Kumud Mukherjee , pages 69-80 , Published by Institute of Historical Studies , calcutta , 1973 .
2. History in Modern Indian Literature (226 pages) , Article on : History in Hindi Literature (Fiction) , pp. 83 - 94 , published by Institute of Historical Studies , Calcutta , 1975 .
3. Historical writings on the Nationalist Movement in India , pages 251 . Article on : Historical writings on the Nationalist Movement In Uttar Pradesh , pages 68-77 . Published by Institute of Historical Studies , Calcutta , 1977
4. Studies in Modern Indian History : Regional Survey , pages 221 , Article on : Studies on the History of Uttar Pradesh , pages 36-62. published by Institution of Historical studies , Calcutta , 1969
5. Historical Biographies in Indian Literature , pages , 348 , Article on : Historical Biographies in Hindi Literature , pages 127-139 . Institute of Historical Studies , Calcutta , 1979.
6. Social and religious reform movements in the 19th and 20th Centuries , pages 520 Article on : Religious Movements in Uttar Pradesh in the 19th and 20th Centuries , Pages 125-135. Published by Institute of Historical Studies , Calcutta
7. Proceedings of the Indian Historical Records Commission , 1967 , Jadhavpur Session . Article : Indian Famine Records as a source of Social History . Published by National Archives of India , New Delhi
8. Sources of the History of India , Vol II , Institute of Historical Studies Calcutta , 1979 pages 542 : Article on : Sources for the History of Uttar Pradesh ( Modern period), pp 398-406. published by Institute of Historical Studies , Calcutta 1979.
9. K.P Jayaswal Commemoration Volume , K.P Jayaswal Research Institute Patna 1981 , Paper on : Famines in Medieval India (1200-1526) ,pages 497-507, Published by K.P Jaiswal Research Institute , Patna , 1981.
10. Agriculture in Eastern U.P 1858-1901 . Professor A.P Mathur , Felicitation , Volume III , pages 241-258 , Hazuri Bhawan , Peepal Mandi , Agra , 1995
C. Presidential Addresses
1. Presidential address to the Medieval History Section , pages 173-184 . Proceedings of the Indian History Congress , 1973 , Chandigarh.
2.Presidential address to the Medieval History Section , pages 61-67 . Proceedings of the Punjab history Conference , 1979 , Patiala.
3. Presidential address to the Uttar Pradesh Itihaas Congress , Third Session 1987 , Allahabad , proceedings of the U.P . History Congress , Third Session ,pp 1-7
D. Contribution to the Dictionary of National Biographies
Published by Institute of Historical Studies , Calcutta in four Volumes , 1972-74 Articles on :
1. Baboo Rao Pararkar , Vol III , pages 314-15.
2. Ganesh Shanker Vidyarthi ,Vol IV , pages 423-25.
3. Kapil Deo Malviya , Vol III pages 28-29.
4. Pandit Sunder Lal , Vol IV , pages 279-80
5. Shiv Varma , Vol IV , pages 412-13.
6. Raj Guru , Shiv Ram Hari , Vol III, pages 447-48
7. Bal Krishna Bhatt , Vol. 1 pages 178-79.
8. Shibban Lal Saxena , Vol IV, pages 95-96.
E. Contribution to Hindi Encyclopedia:
Hindi Vishvakosh (Hindi Encyclopedia ) , Published by Nagari Pracharini Sabha , Varanasi , Articles on :
1. Humayun , vol XII , pages , 281-282
2. Bahadur Shah of Gujarat , Vol VIII , pages , 223-224.
3. Janjira ke Habshi , Vol IV , page 337
1. Akber's Religion - The Leader , Allahabad , August 3, 1947.
2. Legends of Chittor Fort Recalled - Amrit Bazar Patrika , Allahabad April 7 , 1955.
3. Chittor - Glorious Struggle for Freedom - The Leader , Allahabad , April 17, 1955
4. Doyen of Indian Historians - The Pioneer , Lucknow , December 18 ,1955.
5. Guru Nanak - A Great Religious Reformer - The Leader , Allahabad , November 27 , 1966
6. Guru Nanak - A Birth day Tribute , The Pioneer , Lucknow , November 28 , 1966.
7. The N.W and the Punjab famine of 1860-61 . Journal of U.P Historical Society , Lucknow , Vol VI (New Series). Pt. 1. 1958.
8. The Orissa famine of 1865-67 , Uttar Bharati , Journal of U.P State Universities , Vol X , No. 3 , Agra , December , 1963 .
9. The Indian Famine of 1868-70 - Uttar bharati , Agra Vol IX , No. 1 , december ,1962.
10. The Indian Famine of 1876-79 - Journal of Indian History , No. 132 , December 1966
11. Famine and the Famine Policy of the Government of India , 1858-1918. The Quarterly Review of Historical Studies , Calcutta , Vol II No. 1
12. Famine of 1907-08 in the United Provinces of Agra and Avadh , Published in the Research Bulletin of the Department of History , Gorakhpur University , 1967.
13. Rani Laxmi Bai - a tribute - The leader , Allahabad , May 11 ,1957
14. Unique Role in Freedom Struggle - Northern India Patrika , Allahabad , October 12,1961
15. Dr. Annie Besant - A birthday Tribute - Amrit Bazar Patrika , October 1,1958
16. Dr. Jadunath Sarkar - Amrit Bazar Patrika - December 11,1955
17. Economic Background of the Rebellion of 1858 - Amrit Bazar Patrika , Allahabad ,May 11 , 1957
18. Chauri Chaura Revolt - A Landmark in National History - Northern India Patrika , Allahabad , December 31, 1969
19. 1857 Revolt - Eastern U.P - Northern India Patrika , Allahabad , December 31,1970
20. Lumbini - where Lord Buddha was Born - The Leader , Allahabad , February 5,1950
21. Glimpses of the History of Gorakhpur - Amrit Bazar Patrika , Allahabad , May 1 ,1950
22. A Short History Of Gorakhpur - National Herald ,Lucknow , January 5,1950
23. Glimpses from Historic Past - Northern India Patrika , Allahabad , September 30,1959
24. Eastern Uttar Pradesh , Past , Present & Future - Amrit Bazar Patrika , Allahabad ,March 31,1958
25. Socrates - The Prophet of Greece - St. Andrew 's College Magazine , Gorakhpur ,1949 Pt. 1
26. Holy Land of his Nativity Mahaparinirvan - Northern India Patrika , Allahabad , December 31 , 1963
27. Saga of Gorakhpur - National Herald , Lucknow , July 20,1977.
28. Medieval Indian Historiography , Itihas Varshiki ,Journal , P.G Department Of History , Kisan Post Graduate College , Bahraich, Vol . I ,1974
29. Buddhism and Indian Culture , The Leader Allahabad , May 6, 1955
30. Agriculture in Eastern U.P 1858-1901 - Historical Review , Allahabad , Vol 6.
31. Famines in Eastern U.P 1858-1901 - Journal of Indian History , Trivandrum ,Vol. 67
32. Professor Ravindra Nath Sanyal - St. Andrew's College Magazine , Gorakhpur 1956-57 , No.2
G. Articles Published in Hindi:
1. Mughal Chitra Kala , Shiksha Aur Samagri (Mughal Painting Training & materials ),Vishvavani, Allahabad .Editors : Pt. Sunder Lal & Vishambher Nath Pandey,Vol II No.2,Feb., 1944 ;(pp. 122-126)
2. Muslim kal Ke Itihaskar, Pt.I. ( Historians of medieval India , Vishvavani , Allahabad , sept., 1943,pp 149-154.
3. Muslim Kal Ke Itihaskar , Pt. II. (Historian of Medieval India ) Vishvavani , Oct , 1943 , pp. 207-214
4. Delhi Sultanat Kalin itihaskar - Hasan Nizami ( Hasan Nizami - A Contemporary Historian Of delhi Sultanate ), Gorakhpur Vishwavidayal Patrika , Gorakhpur 1956-66 pp. 49-54.
5. Aitihashik Vastuon Ki Suraksha - Ek Yojna - ( A plan for the protection of Historic Remains ) , Janatantra , Gorakhpur , February , 1951
6. Buddha ka Janamasthan - Lumbini ( Lumbini the Birth place of Buddha ) - Amrit Bazar Patrika , Allahabad , June 25 , 1950.
7. Kushinagar Ke Bhagnavashesh ( Historical remains of Kushinagar ) Sansar , Banaras , May 27,1955
8. Saumya Murti Prof. Mandal - St. Andrew's College Patrika , Gorakhpur , 1954-55 pp 4-7
9. Dardhi Ka Itihas , ( History of Great Men with Beards ), Saptahik Bharat , Allahabad , May 5,1945.
10. Dardhi (Beard) - Sansar , Benares , Dec. 16 ,1945
11. Nai Paramparon Ka Nirman Sahi Roop mein Ho , May 27,1974, Navjivanpath , Gorakhpur .
12. Gorakhpur Janpad Ki Dharmik Den ( Religious Contribution of Gorakhpur District ) Aaj , Benaras , March 13,1958.
13. Dilli Sultanate ka Samkalin Itihaskar Hasan Nizami ( Hasan Nizami Contemporary Historian of Delhi Sultanate - U.P Historical Review , No. 2 , August 1983 , Allahabad
14. Dilli Sultanate Kal Ka Itihaskar - Isami ( Isami - Historian of Delhi Sultanate ) , U.P Historical Review ,No. 2 , August 1983 , Allahabad
15. Muslim Kal Ke Itihaskar - St. Andrew's College Magazine , Gorakhpur , Vol .XXIV , No. 1, 1948.
16. Samrat Akber Ki Janm Tithi ( Date of Emperor Akber 's Birth ), Sarawasti , Allahabad , April 1946 pp 355-56
17. Bhasha Samasya Aur Gandhi Jee ( Gandhiji and Language Problem ) Gorakhpur Vishwavidyalaya Patrika , Gandhi Shatabdi Ank.
18. Prem Chand Aur Gorakhpur - Dainik Jagran , Gorakhpur 31.7.1988
1. Foreward to " The Relations of Rajputs with the Delhi Sultans ", by Dr. S.D Dwivedi , Agra ,1977.
2. Foreward to ' Bhartiya Sanskriti Ke Paanch Adhyay ' ( Five Chapters of Indian Culture ) , by Dr. S.D. Dwivedi , Sarswati Sadan , Mussorie ,1965.
3. Foreward to ' Religion and Politics in India during the 17th century ' by Dr. M.A. Lari , Delhi , 1990.
4. Foreward to ' Bhartiya Swatantrata Andolan Aur Uttar Pradesh Ki Hindi Patrakarita ' by Dr. Brahma Nand , ( Indian freedom Struggle and Hindi Press of U.P ), Vani Prakashan , New Delhi , 1986.
5. ' Bhartiya Itihas Lekhan ' ( Indian Historiography ) by Dr. Akram Lari , gorakhpur , 1987.
6. ' Succession to Rule under Delhi Sultanate ' , by Dr. Manoj Kumar Srivastava , Gorakhpur , 1989
7. ' Delhi Sultanon Ki Uttar Paschim Niti ' ( North - West Frontier ploicy of Delhi Sultans ) by Dr. Parma Nand Lal Srivastava , Allahabad
VIII. BOOK REVIEWS
1. Turk Kalin Bharat mein muslim Dasta (1000 AD - 1414 AD) , ( Muslim Slavery during Turkish rule in India 1000 - 1414 ) , by Dr. Sheela Chaturvedi , Metropolitan Co., New delhi , review published in Historical Review , I.C.H.R., Vol . VIII , Nos. 1-2 ,July 1981 - January 1982.,New Delhi.
2. ' Sarmad and his Rubaias ' by Lakhpat rai , M.A ( oxon). Geeta Batika , ' Gorakhpur ,Review published in Journal of Indian History , Trivandrum , Vol . LXII , April-Aug 1984.
3. Samyukta Prant Mein Audyokik Vikas , 1901 - 22 ( Industrial Development in U.P .,1901 - 22) by Dr. Pankaj Kumar Singh , ( Anamika Publications , Delhi ,1988); Review published in Dainik Jagran , November 6,1988.
IX. WORK AS EDITOR
1. Research Bulletin , History Department , Gorakhpur University , Gorakhpur 1967 .
2. Research Papers on Socio - Economic History of Uttar Pradesh 1526-1947 , presented in a Seminar held at Gorakhpur University between 8th & 10th December 1978 , sponsored by Indian Council of Historical research , New Delhi , Cyclostyled.
3. One of the Editors of "Freedom Struggle in Uttar Pradesh" , Vol VIIth , VIIIth , IXth published by U.P Government , Lucknow.
4. Member , Editorial Board , Historical Review , Allahabad.
5. Member , Editorial Board , 'Shodhak' , A Historical Journal , Jodhpur.
6. Member , Editorial Board , Ranchi university Historical Journal , Ranchi .
7. Member , Editorial Board , Professor A.P Mathur Felicitation Volume , Agra 1995.
8. Member , Editorial Board , History and Historical research , Raipur (M.P)
X. SHORT STORIES AND POEM IN HINDI
1. Pet Ki Jwala , Manohar Kahaniyan , Allahabad , January , 1941 ( by the pen name of Agnidoot )
2. Kayar , Manohar Kahaniyan , February , 1941 ( Pen Name Agnidoot )
3. Punar Milan , Manohar Kahaniyan , Allahabad , March 1941 ( Pen name Agnidoot )
4. Panwali , Desh Doot Allahabad , 25th January 1942 , ( Pen name Agnidoot )
5. Shikchit , Rasili Kahaniyan Allahabad , April 1943
6. Deva Dutt , Vishwavani Allahabad - edited by Pt. Sunder Lal & Vishambhar Nath Pandey , March 1944
7. Patra Ka Mulya , Chayya , Allahabad , June , 1944
8. Nirasha , Sansar (Weekly ) Banaras , 11th January 1945
9. Saccha Sathi , Chayya , Allahabad , Issue No. 5 1945
10. Shool Phool Abhyudaya , Allahabad , 1943.
11. Nayaya , Saraswati , Allahabad , October 1945
12. Lal Kurta , Bharat , Allahabad , 11th August 1946
13. Atmahanta , Sanmarg , Chitranjan Avenue , Calcutta 21 November 1948
14. Chando , Nai Jindagi , Calcutta , Vol I , No. 1 Jan 1950
15. Sneh Sathi , St. Andrew 's College Magazine , Gorakhpur , 1949-50 Vol. XXVI No.2
16. Dev Dutt , St. Andrew 's College Magazine , Gorakhpur. 1949 Vol. XXV No. 1
17. Chando , Jagriti Sagar (M.P) March 1949
18. Sneh Sathi , Madhuri , Lucknow , january 1947.
19. Sanskar , Manjari , Allahabad , August 1950
20. Patra Ka Mulya , Shatdal , Gorakhpur , October 1957.
1. Protasahan , Hans , Banaras , September 1942
XII. ORGANIZATION OF SEMINARS
Organized seminar as Director on : " Socio - Economic History of Uttar Pradesh 1526 - 1947 , Sponsored by I.C.H.R in the Department of History , Gorakhpur University between 8-10 December 1978. Thirty Nine papers on this subject were presented .They were edited and bound with Dr. Srivastava's foreward.Copies of the bound proceedings are available at I.C.H.R Library , New Delhi , U.P State Archives , Lucknow , Gorakhpur University Library etc.
XIII. RADIO TALKS
Date of broadcasting from Gorakhpur Station of the All India Radio:
1. Mughal Kal Mein Sanskritic Samanvaya , Kala mein ( Cultural Sysnthesis in the Mughal period in Art .) ,26.4.75
2. Mughal kal Mein Sanskritic Samanvaya , Sahitya Mein ( Cultural synthesis in the Mughal Period in Literature ) , 24.5.75
3. Ekroopta Ke Prateek Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel (Symbol of Unity - Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel ). 28.7.75
4. Poorvanchal Ke Etihasik Asthan evam Smarak ( historical places and monuments of Eastern Uttar Pradesh U.P , 23.2.76
5. Itihas Ke Pannon Mein Gorakhpur ( Gorakhpur in pages of History ) . 31.12.76
6. Akbar Ki Sulhkul Niti ( Sulah-i-kul policy of Akbar ) . 21.5.82
7. Raja ram Mohan roy Aur Dharam Sudhar Andolan - ( Raja Ram Mohan Roy and Religious Reform Movement ) 27.9.82
8. Poorvanchal Ka Etihasik Sthal - Maghar ( Historical Place of Eastern Uttar Pradesh U.P - Maghar ) 1.11.82
9. Desh Ke Nirmata - Moti Lal Nehru ( Motilal Nehru - builder of Modern India ) 5.6.83
10. Is our University Education relevant to the life of the nation - Discussion in English , 25.7.83
11. Hamari Kaumi aur Trikhi Amanat - gorakh nath ( Our National and Historical Heritage - Gorakhnath ) Urdu , 10.3.83
12. Samaya Ke Hastakchar (Past memories - autobiographical ) , 27.11.83
13. Mubahisa : Maujuda Nasl Mein Mayusi Ke Asbab ( Discussion In Urdu : Causes for the depression In Modern Generation ), 4.5.84
14. Hamari Dharohar : Mughal Kal Ki Vastukala ( Our heritage - Mughal Architecture .) , 12.7.84
15. Mughal kal ki Sahityakic Dharohar - Itihas Lekhan ( Literary Heritage of Mughal period - Historical Writings ) , 1.10.84
16. Jawahar Lal Nehru - leader of freedom Movement ( English) , 14.11.84
17. Bharatiya Swatantrata Andolan Aur Bhartiya Rashtriya Congtress Ka Janm (Indian Freedom Movement and Birth of the Indian National congress ) 28/29.12.84
18. Mahatama Gandhi Ke Rajanaitik Vichar ( Political Thought Of Mahatma Gandhi ) , 18.2.85
19. Islam Ka Bhartiya Sanskriti par Prabhav ( Influence of Islam on Indian culture ). ,3.85
20. Bhartiya Sanskriti Ka Islam Par Prabhav ( Influence of Indian culture on Islam ) , 8.4.85
21. Amir Khushrau Aur Bhartiaya Sanskriti ( Contribution of Amir Khushrau to Indian Culture ) , 30.6.85
22. Itihas Ke prishon Mein Zeenat Mahal ( Zeenat Mahal's place in History )., 29.10.85
23. Neta Jee Ki Desh Sewa ( Netajee's Service to Nation ) , 23.1.86
24. Itihas ke Pristhon mein Samrat Ashok aur Shanti ( Emperor Ashok and his mission to establish peace ) 10.4.86
25. Itihas Ke Pristhon Mein Babar - Place of Babar in History ). 16.7.86
26. Itihas Ka Pristhon mein Todar mal Ki Bhomi Vyavastha - ( Todar Mal's Land Revenue Administration ) , 3.10.86
27. Untouchability in India (English) , 3.12.86
28. France Ki Yatra Katha ( Story of Travel in France ) , 25.7.87
29. Itihas Ke Pristhon Mein Golmej Sabha ( Round table Conference in History ) , 9.12.88
30. Mahan Swatantrata Senani veer Savarkar ( Veer Savarkar as a freedom fighter ) 26.2.88
31. Bharat Choro Andolan - Swatantrata Sanghersh Ka Itihaas (Quit India Movement - History of freedom Struggle ) , 9.8.88
32. Pt. Nehru Ka Itihas Bodh - ( Pandit Nehru 's Philosophy of History ) 18.12.88
33. Bhet Varta ( Personal interview ) 23.3.89
34. Quit India Movement - Glorious Chapter in India 's Freedom Struggle (english) 9.8.89
35. Relevance of Simant Gandhi 's Ideas today (English) , 7.11.90 ,
36. Itihas Ke Pannon Mein Hardinge Bomb Case ( Hardinge Bomb case in History .) 9.5.91
37. Hanuman Prasad Poddar 23.3.92
38. August Kranti Aur Gandhijee (August revolution and Gandhijee) 1.11.92
39. Rashtriya Ekta Ke Swar - Itihas Ke Pannon Mein ( National Unity in History ) 7.4.93
40. Integration through Bhakti Movement ( English) 7.6.95
41. Itihas Ke Prishthon Mein Ibn Batuta ( Ibn Batuta in the pages of History ) 6.1.96
42. Bhet Varta (Personal Interview ) 11.10.96
43. Nehru as a Historian (english) 13.11.96
44. Netaji 's Concept of Freedom (English) 26.3.97
45. Our guest to night (Interview) English , 27.8.97
46. Dialogue One Earth One humanity (English) 19.11.97
From Gorakhpur Station 1. Discussion on Jawahar Lal Nehru (English) , November 1990
2. Quit India Movement (English) Aug 1992 .
N.B All the thesis in typescript , printed books , articles and all other publications mentioned above in original have been donated to U.P State Archives , Mahanagar Extention , Lucknow .( Dr. Hari Shanker Srivastava Collections ).
This data was first published by Vani Prakashan.
On web by TimeSpiders.co.in