A Biographical Sketch
Dr. Meenakshi hail from the city Ghaziabad , Uttar Pradesh , India. She received her Bachelors in Medicine & Surgery from the reputed King George Medical College , Lucknow and She also received her MD in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from the King George Medical College. She is married to Dr. Rajat Kumar Srivastava , a leading Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon in Lucknow.
Dr. Meenakshi has been practicing since many years and have a in depth expert knowledge in this field. She has been taking care of many patients who are infertile and who are unable to produce offsprings and successfully helped them to bear children. She also takes patients who need Maternity Care and guidance. She is one of the best Gynaecologist & Infertility Specialist located at the heart of the Lucknow. She also served as Assistant Professor at a leading private Medical College , Saraswati Dental College & Hospital located on the outskirts of Lucknow. Currently she is a Consultant at Apollo Clinic , Hazrat Ganj and she can be reached at Kumar's Clinic , Residence - cum - Clinic at Niralanagar , Lucknow
FACTS ABOUT INFERTILITY
At least 1 in every 6 couple is infertile
Causes of Infertility:
- Male Infertility
- Female Infertility
IUI ( Intra Uterine Insemination ) can be used in :
- Unexplained Infertility
- Ovulatory dysfunction
- Minimal endometriosis
- Ejaculatory dysfunction
- High viscosity
- Retrograde ejaculation
- Donor Insemination
- Rh isoimmunization
IUI is the direct placement of processed , highly motile , concentrated sperm , washed free of seminal plasma & other cells , into the uterus , as close to the ovulated oocytes as possible.
Why IUI ?
Over the years research has proved that Super Ovulation should be combined with IUI as it improves the fertility rates . This helps the anxious couple to achieve a pregnancy earlier. Although no studies have been done in this regard , it can be postulated that if the couple achieve's a pregnancy early , thier total cost of treatment would also be lower.
We can undertake patients for :
- A complete Infertility work up and management.
- We undertake the Controlled ovarian stimulation and IUI.
- Folliculometry and IUI . The Folliculometry can be done & IUI can be planned as per the schedule.
- IUI . Only IUI can also be done for patients who have folliculometry done outside. The patient is monitored directly by the consultant and is sent back after the procedure.
- Antenatal Case
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Painless Delievery
- Gynecological Disorders.
- Menopausal Care
- Adolescence Care
- Infertility Treatment
- Intrauterine Insemination
- Follicular Monitoring
- Pap Smear , Cryotherapy
- Family Planning
Work up & Treatment
History >> Examination & Counselling >> Minimal Investigation >> Correction Of Basic Problems >> Controlled Ovarian Stimulation with Medication >> Folliculometry >> IUI
High Risk Pregnancy
There are two main circumstances under which the obstetrician become responsible for the care of a high risk patient. In a minority of cases , the high risk Pregnant Patients comes to obstetrician with a poor obstetrical history or with a well recognised medical complication. The most important challenge that such a patient present is that of determining whether the severity of her problem is such that she needs to be referred to a specialist in maternal - fetal medicine rather than be managed by the general obstetrician.
Following patients should be referred to a specialist in maternal - fetal medicine.
1. Those with conditions that may require Invasive procedure for fetal diagnosis or therapy , such as :
- Rh isoimmunization
- Non-immunologic fetal hydrops.
- Fetal urinary tract obstruction
- Fetal congenital heart block
- Fetal hydrocephaly
2. Those with serious medical complication affecting the mother , such as
- Brittle Diabetes
- Cardiac disease grade III & IV
- Artificial heart Valves
- Sickle cell disease
3. Those with recurrent Poor obstetrical outcomes such as :
- Habitual Abortion
- Failed cerclages
- Recurrent stillborns
- Recurrent early rupture of membranes.
- Recurrent Preterm labour
4. Those with obstetrical complications that require specialized care of adequate management , such as :
- Severe Predampsia or eclampsia , with renal failure , pulmonary edema , hypertension unresponsive to treatment , severe HELLP Syndrome.
- Severe fetal growth retardation.
- Multiple high risk factors.
- Menstrual disorders - Like DUB , Menorrhagia fibroid uterus
- Ovarian Disorders like Plyeystic ovarian disorders , cyst etc.
- Pelvic Inflammotry diseases.